The Community Grants Program provides a great opportunity to implement areas of community strengthening that have been clearly identified as future directions for the Shire of Campaspe. These directions are set out in the Council Plan as well as the numerous District Plans.
The Community Grants Program will provide funding in the following categories:
* Assistance – maximum $4,000
* Events – Community (maximum $1,000), Minor (maximum $3,000) & Major (maximum $5,000)
* Environment – maximum $2,000
* Recreation – maximum $8,000
* Heritage & Culture – maximum $1,000
What type of project are we looking to fund?
The Shire of Campaspe is particularly willing to encourage and promote community activities that have the following attributes:
* Encourage and support collaborative networks and partnerships
* Build creative communities and economies
* Promote community safety and healthy living
* Seek to maintain, restore and enable enjoyment of natural assets
* Enrich the multi-cultural diversity of the community
* An activity where all residents easily participate in community life
* Respects and values the contribution of young people
* Has a strong sense of local identity
* Are easy to participate in, providing enjoyable recreation and leisure opportunities
* Have a vibrant and diverse arts and cultural component
Applications will be assessed relevant to their category, with a focus on strengthening communities within the Shire of Campaspe. Criteria includes:
* Economic benefit - increase spending to retail, industry and accommodation, or enhancement of economic base.
* Project sustainability - one off project / event. If ongoing, demonstrates ability to generate funds for future years. Proposal innovation
* Community / social benefit - involvement of community members, enrichment of Shire, and / or brings visitors to the Shire.
* Council Plan alignment - addressed strategies within the Council Plan or District Plans.
* Partnership - contribution by group or others to the project either cash and / or in-kind, including project partnership participation (not just financial contribution).
Council will advertise the Community Grants Program and call for applications twice a year, in April and September.
Applications open - April
Applications close - May
Outcome advised - June
Funds presented - July
Applications open - September
Applications close - October
Outcome advised - November
Funds presented - December
COMMUNITY GRANT GUIDELINES - at link below.