Business funding support
A strong local economy means more local jobs, more local investment and contributes significantly to a thriving local community. Through our Economic Development team, Council supports local businesses and producers, taking a proactive approach to attract and retain businesses.
Some of the ways Council does this include:
- Attracting new businesses to the shire
- Supporting business development
- Facilitating major infrastructure projects
- Providing information and advice to businesses
- Selling Council-owned industrial land at competitive rates
- Helping local businesses make the most of government funding and private investment opportunities
- Identifying import replacement opportunities
- Providing relevant statistics about Campaspe and its population
- Business networking
- Information and workshops for small business
- Tourism development
Business assistance funds
Businesses can access Council funds to assist in growth and development.
If the economic and social impacts are significant, then financial assistance will be considered. Every application will be assessed on its merits, however the general assessment criteria is set out in Council's Assistance for Business(PDF, 118KB) policy.
If you’re starting a new business, developing an existing business or just need some information or advice, please contact the Economic Development team:
Contact: Astrid O'Farrell
Phone: 5481 2200 or 1300 666 535
Address: PO Box 35, Echuca Vic 3564
Email: [email protected]
Useful documents and links
You may also find the resources and websites below useful for your business.
Campaspe Community Profile
Campaspe Economic Profile
Regional Development Victoria
Australia Bureau of Statistics
Small Business - Federal Government