To guide you through the recruitment process and to maximise your chance of your application being successful, the following steps are provided.
STEP ONE: Read the position description carefully
Read the position description and any other related documents to determine if you have the required skills, knowledge and experience to apply for the role. To gain a clearer understanding of the role, you are encouraged to contact the staff member named for “further information” in the position advertisement.
STEP TWO: Prepare your application
Your application has three parts, a cover letter, a current resume and a response to the Key Selection Criteria.
A cover letter
First impressions count! The cover letter introduces you. Ideally, the letter should not be more than one page and include:
- The title of the position you are applying for
- Where you saw the position advertised
- Why you are applying for the position
- Why you believe you are the right person for the job
A current resume
A resume is a short chronological statement of your work history and qualifications. Ideally, your resume should not exceed more than three pages and include:
- Your employment history (including overview of duties, employment dates, your position title and the organisation name)
- Your qualifications (including the qualification title, year awarded and institution name)
- Other information (include any key achievements, volunteer work or any other relevant information)
- Attach copies of your qualifications
- Include a minimum of two referees, ensuring they are contactable and are aware that we may contact them. Referees are to be someone you have reported to either currently or in the recent past.
Respond to Key Selection Criteria
The Key Selection Criteria (KSC) is a list of skills, attributes, knowledge and qualifications required for the position. The KSC can be found in the position description. In a separate document, write the KSC questions followed by your responses. Make sure to support your claims with evidence and examples including:
- Describe a situation that supports your statement.
- What your actions were. What you did.
- What the outcome of your actions was.
STEP THREE: Submit your application
Email your application to:
If unable to access email, hard copy applications will be accepted by mail, or hand delivery to:
Confidential – Campaspe Shire Council
Human Resources Department
PO Box 35
ECHUCA VIC 3564