Request to fly a flag
Council will consider applications from the community, individual or group, to fly flags or banners to represent causes or days of recognition.
Applications must be received at least 45 calendar days prior to the proposed date to allow time for approvals.
If your request is associated with a community event, please refer to webpage Flagpole program.
- It is the responsibility of the applicant to provide Council with the required number of flags / banners of an appropriate size prior to the date to be flown.
- Flag size: 1,800mm x 90mm
- Banner size: 3,000mm x 900mm
- Flags / banners must be in an appropriate condition for flying (ie construction material, not torn or faded).
- Council's annual flag schedule will take precedence over any requests.
Council has adopted a policy to provide guidance in assessing requests. The policy can be downloaded here(PDF, 1MB) .