Public notice - 21 December 2021
Published on 21 December 2021
Wednesday, 19 January
Council meeting, 6pm
Public attendance will be in line with State Government restrictions in place on the date of the meeting.
The meeting can be viewed via livestreaming here.
For all projects and applications open, click here.
In starting the preparations for next year’s budget, Council is calling on the community to put forward any proposals for consideration now. The information will then be considered as part of building a draft budget, which will be released for comment in April next year. A quick online form is available here. Proposals can be lodged up until 5pm on Friday, 14 January.
by Appointment Only
To book an appointment, please call Council on 1300 666 535. If you are feeling unwell or have any cold or flu like symptoms, you must cancel or reschedule your appointment. Click here for more information.
Thursday, 6 January
Campaspe Library, Echuca
9 – 9.45am
Rochester Shire Hall
11.30 – 12 noon
Wednesday, 19 January
Kyabram Senior Citizens Centre
9 – 9.45am
Rushworth Service Centre
11.30 – 12 noon
For application details, click here or call 1300 666 535.
Positions currently open:
- Children Services Coordinator – Health - part time/fixed term – closing 9 January
- Lifeguards – casual – closing 9 January
- Parks Maintenance Employees – full time/permanent – closing 9 January
- EWMAC Duty Supervisors – casual - closing 16 January
Kerb and channel works in Wills Street, Lockington, are nearing completion.
Christmas Service Hours
There are no changes to waste (red bin), recycling (yellow bin) and garden / food (green bin) collections across the Christmas / New Year holiday period.
Closing 3pm on Friday, 24 December and reopening on Tuesday, 4 January:
- Customer service centres
- Library branches – book chutes will remain open and all online services will be available
- Road maintenance
Closing on Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day:
- Resource Recovery Centres
- Maternal & Child Health centres – with all bookings and enquiries to 1300 644 964
Closing Christmas Day, with restricted services on public holidays:
- Campaspe Animal Shelter – public holidays, open from 10am to 12.30pm
- Echuca War Memorial Aquatic Centre – public holidays, open from 8am to 4.30pm
- Outdoor swimming pools – open public holidays, each individual pool timetable is on Council’s website
- Quarries will close for sales from Friday, 24 December and reopen on Tuesday, 4 January
- Child care centres, to close COB on Thursday, 23 December and reopen on Thursday, 6 January
- Port of Echuca Discovery Centre and Echuca Paddlesteamers will be closed Christmas Day only
- Emergency on call ranger services will be operating throughout the holiday period
For urgent requests, call 1300 666 535 and follow the prompts.
21079 - Echuca Saleyards Pavement Patching
Council is seeking the services of a suitably qualified and experienced contractor to undertake pavement patching on sections of the Saleyards carpark. A copy of the specification can be downloaded here. Tenders close at 2pm on Friday, 28 January.
21080 – Traffic Management Panel
Council is seeking the services of suitably qualified and experienced contractors to be part of a panel contract for various road traffic management services to assist with a large program of road related works. A copy of the specification can be downloaded here. Tenders close at 2pm on Friday, 21 January.
21081 – Asphalt Supply Panel
Council is seeking the services of a suitably qualified and experienced contractors to supply and deliver asphalt products on a “as required” basis to support ongoing capital and maintenance works programs. A copy of the specification can be downloaded here. Tenders close at 2pm on Friday, 21 January.
Sale By Tender
Council invites tenders for the purchase of the following impounded vehicles:
- Mitsubishi wagon - Grey
- Ford sedan - White
- Hyundai sedan – Blue
- Mazda sedan - Yellow
- Toyota utility - White
- Kia van - White
- Honda sedan - Black
- Suzuki wagon – White
- Holden station wagon - Black
- BMW - Black
Vehicles can be inspected at the Echuca Resource Recovery Centre on Wednesday, 5 January between 10am and 11am. Tenders are to be submitted to the Echuca Council Office before 5pm on Wednesday, 12 January. Submission forms will be available at the inspection or can be requested by emailing [email protected]
Merry Christmas from the Mayor
On behalf of Councillors and staff, I’d like to wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
2021 has been another challenging year for us all. While COVID has been the unwanted gift that keeps on giving, it does look like we’re finally seeing light at the end of the tunnel.
I’m looking forward to seeing our Campaspe region buzzing with activity across the festive period. I hope you can spend lots of quality time with your family and friends during the break. Hopefully, that will be in person, instead of via a Zoom meeting.
If you can, give to those who have been doing it tough lately. When you are out and about, stay safe and be patient on the roads.
Merry Christmas, I’ll see you all in 2022!
- Mayor, Cr Chrissy Weller