Public notice - 30 March 2021
Published on 30 March 2021
Wednesday, 7 April
Council meeting, 5.30pm
Unscheduled meeting to consider:
- Draft Budget 2021/22
- Revenue and Rating Plan
Wednesday, 21 April
Council meeting, 6pm
A limited number of people are now permitted to attend. Attendance is by application, with full details and online form available on Council’s website. The meeting can be viewed via live streaming at www.campaspe.vic.gov.au/livestreaming
Volunteer awards – recognising the contribution of volunteers in three categories: an individual, a young person or organisation. Applications close Friday, 16 April.
Three grant programs are now open:
- Business Assistance Grants – businesses can apply for funding to assist them diversify and expand and to encourage new businesses to start up. Four categories providing funds from $3,000 to a maximum of $10,000. Closing Friday, 23 April.
- Community Grants – offering financial support to not-for-profit community organisations, groups and associations for projects, exhibitions, performances, up to a maximum of $4,000. Closing Friday, 23 April.
For more information and online application form, visit Council’s website, ‘Open for Comment’.
A copy of the documents can be downloaded from Council’s website www.campaspe.vic.gov.au
Council invites tenders for:
Supply and delivery of six space cab utilities to specification with trade in.
Tender closes 2pm on 16 April.
Supply and delivery of one commercial brush chipper with trade in.
Tender closes 2pm on 13 April.
Councillor and Mayoral allowances
Council at its meeting on 17 March 2021 commenced the statutory process pursuant to section 74(4) of the Local Government Act 1989 to determine the Councillor and Mayoral allowances for 2021 or until such time as the Remuneration Tribunal determines the allowances in accordance with the Local Government Act 2020.
Council adopted, in-principle, the following Councillor and Mayoral allowances:
- proposed mayoral allowance of $81,204 per annum, plus $7,714 being the equivalent of the superannuation guarantee, being the maximum allowed for category 2 councils
- proposed councillor allowance of $26,245 per annum, plus an additional $2,493 being the equivalent of the superannuation guarantee, being the maximum allowed for category 2 councils
Any person wishing to make a written submission pursuant to section 223 of the Local Government Act 1989 on the review of Councillor and Mayoral allowances must lodge a submission before 5pm on Wednesday, 30 April 2021. Submissions should be submitted online, via Council’s website.
Any person who has made a written submission to Council can request to be heard in support of their submission and is entitled to appear in person or by a person acting on their behalf. Please indicate in your submission if you wish to be heard.
Submissions made in accordance with section 223 of the Act are considered public documents and may be incorporated in the agenda and minutes of the Council Meeting at which they are considered and available on Council’s website as part of the relevant agenda and minutes of the meeting.
For enquiries, please contact our Governance Advisor on 5481 2200 or [email protected]
Declan Moore, Chief Executive Officer
Notice of Intention to Sell Land
Council gives notice under section 189 of the Local Government Act 1989 (Act) of its intention to sell by private treaty the following parcels of land (the Land):
- Lot 6 on PS724007Y, comprised in Certificate of Title Volume 12001 Folio 881 known as 13 Kuhle Road, Kyabram(PDF, 63KB) , to Thomas Ellis and Sandra Ellis for a total of $66,000.00 (GST inclusive); and
- Lot 1 on TP114017K, comprised in Certificate of Title Volume 09726 Folio 868 known as 32 Ramsay Street, Rochester(PDF, 75KB) , to Robert White for a total of $10,450.00 (GST inclusive); and
- Crown Allotment 7 on TP570180A, comprised in Certificate of Title Volume 02289 Folio 657 and Crown Allotment 8 on TP439161P, comprised in Certificate of Title Volume 02289 Folio 656 known as Cornella Toolleen Road, Toolleen(PDF, 97KB) , to Dennis Moyle and Christine Moyle for a total of $11,000.00 (GST inclusive).
The proposed sales will be subject to contractual terms satisfactory to Council.
Any person may make a submission on the proposal to sell the Land. Any person wishing to make a submission can do so in writing by Wednesday, 5 May 2021. All submissions will be considered in accordance with section 223 of the Act. Following the consideration of any submissions, Council may decide to sell the Land, part of the Land or not to sell the Land.
Submissions should be addressed to the Chief Executive Officer and can be delivered to Council’s Civic Centre at 2 Heygarth Street, Echuca, emailed to [email protected] or posted to Campaspe Shire Council, PO Box 35, Echuca, 3564.
Submissions received on the proposed sale of the Land may be included in the Council agenda and minutes published on Council’s website, including the personal information of the submitter. Please indicate in your submission if you do not wish your personal information to be identified in the agenda and minutes.
Any person requesting to be heard in support of his or her submission is entitled to be heard before Council (or its committee established by Council for this purpose), or represented by a person acting on his or her behalf, and will be notified of the time and date of the hearing.
Further information regarding the proposal, including plans of the Land, may be obtained from Council’s Property Manager, Sally Ruckwood on 5481 2200 or on Council’s website.
Declan Moore, Chief Executive Officer
Campaspe: Thriving Together
Council has held 13 community sessions across the past few months for residents to provide feedback about priorities for the future.
There is still a chance to provide feedback through an online survey, closing this Friday, 2 April. Residents who complete the survey have a chance to win an iPad.
For more information and to access to the survey, visit our webpage: www.campaspe.vic.gov.au/futurecampaspe
For application details, visit Council’s website or call 1300 666 535.
The following position is open, closing Sunday, 11 April:
by Appointment Only
To book an appointment, please call Council on 1300 666 535. If you are feeling unwell or have any cold or flu like symptoms, you must cancel or reschedule your appointment. Refer to Council’s website for more information.
Thursday, 1 April
Campaspe Library, Echuca, 9 – 9.45am
Stanhope Community Health Centre, 11.30 – 12 noon
Rochester Shire Hall, 5.30 – 6.30pm
Tuesday, 13 April
Kyabram Community Learning Centre, 9 – 9.45am