Permits to burn

Permits to burn

The fire danger period for Campaspe Shire finished on 3 April 2023.

Planned burn off

For information and to register visit the CFA website

Permits to burn

During the fire danger period, if you wish to burn on your property, a permit to burn must be applied for.

A permit to burn is only issued for agricultural purposes, to assist farmers in the removal of grass and stubble.

For the latest updates on fire danger periods in Campaspe, view the CFA website.

Total fire ban days

During a CFA total fire ban day, you cannot burn anything on your property.

You are not permitted to burn, even if you have a permit from the CFA.

How to apply for a permit

Permits are issued at the discretion of the CFA. 

Online at

You can:

  • check if you need a fire permit
  • apply for a fire permit
  • notify authorities that you are using a permit
  • register a burn-off when restrictions are not in place


CFA District 20 Office
56 Fitzroy Street
Tel:   5450 9400
Email:   [email protected]