Creative Active Recovery Grant
As part of COVID-19 recovery, Council has launched a one-off Creative Active Recovery Grant program and is calling for innovative ideas from creative businesses and artists to activate public spaces.
This grant program is dedicated to supporting talented groups and individuals from inside and outside Campaspe Shire boundaries who have been unable to work due to COVID-19 impacts such as cancelled events, lack of resourcing, restrictions on leaving the home or public gatherings, and venue closures.
The grant program will close when all funds have been allocated.
Who can apply
Applicants must be either:
- A company
- An incorporated body
- A sole trader
- An individual
Sole traders or individuals must have an ABN. If you do not have an ABN, you can contact local organisations who could auspice your application.
Community organisations must be incorporated.
Applications should detail how the idea will activate the public space and reinvigorate creative arts and culture within the Campaspe Shire boundary.
How much can I apply for?
Only one application can be submitted up to a maximum of $5,000.
What will be funded?
Projects could include (but not limited to):
- public events
- live performance in public spaces
- pop-up music performances
- visual reality or augmented reality projects
- light or projection projects
- screen-based projects
- poetry readings
- creative public engagement projects
- temporary public art installations
- creative digital projects
- architectural or sculptural works
- sound art installations
- artistic or cultural workshops
Applications must demonstrate:
- Appropriate public liability insurance or guarantee
- The activity must be within Campaspe Shire
- Must comply with the current (at time of project delivery) COVID-19 restriction obligations/restrictions including Victorian Government event framework
- Appropriate outdoor and public permits, if required
- Be inclusive and available to all community members
- Direct benefit to residents of the Campaspe Shire
- Completed between December 2020 and 30 June 2021
- Please only submit one application per business/community group or individual
Please note: Businesses or community groups with an outstanding Campaspe Shire Council grant acquittal will not be eligible.
How will my application be assessed?
Applications will be assessed by a panel of Council representatives, in how the proposed project or activity meets the following criteria:
- Engages arts and creativity to deliver pathways to recovery for audiences including residents and visitors
- Supports economic recovery
- Engages with public audiences in COVID-safe environments
Once you have read the conditions of this funding program, applications must be made online.
How to acquit your grant
Once your project has been completed, you must acquit your grant.
An application form will be available shortly.
Help and advice
Applicants should contact Bobbi Aitken, Community Executive Assistant, 5481 2206, in the first instance while planning their grant application.
Staff with a range of technical expertise from across Council are available to discuss your specific queries of ideas you may have, they can advise you about what to include in your application.