How to stay healthy
Campaspe Shire Council is closely monitoring the coronavirus situation and making preparations for the potential challenges ahead.
The Department of Health and Human Services is the lead Victorian agency dealing with the coronavirus disease. We are encouraging residents to stay informed through the Department's website https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/coronavirus or the 24 hour hotline 1800 675 398.
How you can reduce your risk
- Wash hands often with soap and running water, for at least 20 seconds. Dry with paper towel or hand dryer.
- Try not to touch your eyes, nose or mouth.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. If you don’t have a tissue cough or sneeze into your upper sleeve or elbow.
- Isolate yourself at home if you feel sick. If you take medication ensure you have adequate supplies.
- Phone your GP first if you need medical attention. They will tell you what to do.
- Continue healthy habits: exercise, drink water, get plenty of sleep, and now is the time to quit smoking. Call the Quitline 137 848.
- Don't wear a face mask if you are well.
- Buy an alcohol-based hand sanitiser with over 60 per cent alcohol.
- Get the flu shot (available May).
If you think you have coronavirus
You can perform an interactive coronavirus self-assessment.
You can call the dedicated hotline - open 24 hours, 7 days: 1800 675 398.
Caring for your mental health
How to copy with feelings of anxiety
Beyond Blue - Looking after your mental health during the coronavirus outbreak
Phone: 1300 224 636 (24 hours / 7 days)
Phone: 131 114 (24 hours / 7 days)