The Goulburn Valley Waste and Resource Recovery Group (GVWRRG) develops and maintains a strategy for solid waste management. A number of strategic priorities were determined including:
- Promote sharing of information and resources between member councils, the group and external bodies
- Complement member councils in their introduction of the principles of best value and best practice waste management
- Further promotion and introduction of both state and locally developed litter and resource efficiency campaigns
About the group
Campaspe Shire Council works closely with the Goulburn Valley Waste and Resource Recovery Group (GVWRRG) to maximise recovery of resources and reduce the amount of waste going to landfill.
GVWRRG is the link between state and local governments, community and industry and is responsible for facilitating a coordinated approach to the planning and delivery of infrastructure and services for all waste streams including municipal solid waste (MSW), commercial and industrial waste (C& I) and construction and demolition waste (C&D).
GVWRRG is located centrally in Shepparton to service the Goulburn Valley waste and resource recovery region. The region extends from the Victoria/New South Wales border through to the outer suburbs of Melbourne and encompasses the following municipalities:
- Campaspe Shire Council
- Greater Shepparton City Council
- Mitchell Shire Council
- Moira Shire Council
- Murrindindi Shire Council
- Strathbogie Shire Council
For more information regarding the group's activities in your region, visit the GVWRRG website.