Building application forms:
- Application for building permit
- Application for demolition or removal
- Owner builder declaration
- Variation of building permit - residential
- Variation of building permit - commercial
Other application forms:
- Agreement for building over an easement
- Application for adjoining property owner details
- Form A - Section 29A application
- Form B - Section 29A approval
- Form 3 - Protection work notices
- Form 4 - Protection work responses
- Report and consent for non-siting matters
- Siting concession dispensation
- Retain works constructed without a building permit
- Application for place of public entertainment (POPE)
Property information application forms:
- Building approval property information
- Request for copy of house plans
- Application for property information by building surveyor
A fee is charged for building permits. The fee must be submitted with the application in order for the application to be assessed.
Below are some things to remember about building permit fees:
- Building permit fees are based on the size and cost of the building works
- The Building Permit Levy is a state government tax on all building works, costing more than $10,000
- Property information fees are needed to discover the various development rules and controls which relate to the property.
- The Property Information Certificate should be obtained from Council before you start your design. The application form is available here or from a customer service centre.
- Asset Protection Permit fees should be paid when applying for your permit.
- Council Report and Consent applies to matters that are not “as of right” - such as siting modifications and building over easements.
You can see Council’s current fee schedule here.
Fees can be paid by cash, cheque, EFTPOS or credit cards at Council’s Offices. You can also pay on-line via this link.