Applications for permits to burn are now open. Please note that a permit will not be issued until weather conditions are suitable and the CFA has confirmed that burning can occur.

Step 1 - Complete an application form

Complete all details and attach a map showing the area you wish to burn, including closest roads. Select the application form that suits your needs:

Application form - print and fill in

Application form - active   To use this form on a mobile device, download and subscribe to the Microsoft Word App. Once the form is open, "save a copy",  and edit.

Step 2 - Lodge your application form

Two options are available to you. Lodging through the CFA (at no charge) or council (a $70 fee).

  • lodge with the CFA by emailing to [email protected]  There is no fee for this service. You can take the completed form to a council service centre and staff will email to the CFA on your behalf.


  • in person - lodge at a council service centre. Staff will process the $70 administration fee.
  • email - to [email protected] and an invoice will be sent for payment before a permit is issued.

You will be advised when the permit has been processed. This may take up to 15 days.