Planning Amendment C111 is a combined planning amendment. It plans to re-zone two parcels of land located along the Murray Valley Highway, Echuca and update the Campaspe Planning Scheme to reflect this amendment.
The land affected includes:
- Allotment 9 Section F1, Parish of Wharparilla commonly known as 35-41 Murray Valley Highway, and
- Part Lot 1 PS521707 to the north and adjacent to 35-41 Murray Valley Highway.
The amendment will:
- Rezone 35-41 Murray Valley Highway from Commercial 2 Zone to Commercial 1 Zone to allow for a full-line supermarket
- Rezone Part Lot 1 PS521707 from Commercial 1 Zone to Commercial 2 Zone, to create one zoning for all of the lot
- Update local policy in the Campaspe Planning Scheme to reflect the Neighbourhood Centre status of the site in line with the adopted Echuca West Commercial Strategy.
The amendment can be inspected at:
- Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning (DELWP) website - at link - C111camp
- Council's Echuca office, 2 Heygarth Street
Residents can call into a drop-in session at the Echuca Civic Centre, Function Room, 2 Heygarth Street on Thursday, 5 December between 5pm to 7pm to chat with staff about the amendment.
The Information Sheet (below) outlines further information and site plan.
Submissions close 23 December 2019.