2 July 2018 - Media release
Council meeting pieces - 26 June 2018 meeting
Rating Strategy 2018 adopted
Campaspe Shire Council has adopted the revised Rating Strategy 2018, an important document outlining the rationale for applying fair and equitable rates in the shire.
Whilst not changed, the strategy has been updated in line with introduction of Victorian Government rate capping (2.25 per cent for 2018/19), along with changes made to the Local Government Act 1989 and Valuation of Land Act 1960.
After public exhibition of the Rating Strategy, one question was received.
The adopted Rating Strategy 2018 is available on council’s website.
Responsive Grants Program
An amount of $5,260 in responsive grants will go to eight community initiatives as follows:
- Dylan Nexhip – supporting representation at the Trans-Tasman Mixed Netball competition at Priceline Stadium, Adelaide, $300
- Kyabram Croquet Club Inc – supporting the veranda upgrades of the Croquet Club clubrooms and upcoming tournament, $1,000
- Echuca Moama Rockets Football Club Inc – to support the Community Inclusion Football/Netball day, $1,000
- Corey Nexhip – supporting representation at the Trans-Tasman Mixed Netball competition at Priceline Stadium, Adelaide, $300
- Echuca & District Adult Riding Club – to assist with Top Team Trophy Dressage competition to be held at the Elmore Events Centre in November, $1,000
- Echuca Moama Arts Initiative Inc – to support two committee members to participate in the Event Development Program being held at Rich River Golf Club, $160
- Campaspe Murray Mental Health Network Group – to support guest speaker costs at the Understanding Forgotten Australians event, $1,000
- Rushworth Men’s Shed – to assist with costs for “Spanner in the Works” event in July, $500