5 June 2019 - Media release
Following public submissions and hearings, along with an internal review process, the 2019/20 Budget was adopted at Tuesday’s special council meeting.
Campaspe Shire Council Mayor Cr Adrian Weston said the budget document was made available for community feedback in April with submissions closing early May.
“Seven submissions were received to the budget, with four electing to speak at the 14 May submission hearing,” Cr Weston said.
“Following the consideration of public submissions along with internal reviews, the budget was adopted with minor amendments.”
The amendments included:
- Minor corrections to spelling, grammar and formatting
- Minor changes to a rates table (5.1.1) following updated property value figures from the Victorian Valuer General
- Updates to the number of council activities and services
- Corrections and additions to the Statement of Human Resources regarding casual and temporary employee expenditure, including forecasting employee numbers
- A correction to the opening balance in the Statement of Borrowings (5.1.3)
- Correction in the classification of employee costs (5.1.6).
The document also outlines updated fees and charges, including changes to waste services in line with the introduction of the food and garden organic waste system. With the flexibility of the pick and mix system, rural and residential households can choose the best combination of bins to suit their needs.
The 2019/20 Budget document is available on council’s website.