Are you planning a fund raiser for your community organisation? If your fundraising activities include street stalls or raffles, you will need council approval first.
Simply complete the Street Trading Application and return it to council at least seven days before the proposed event. You must do this for council to consider granting a permit. Council will contact you once the application has been considered.
Conditions of your approved permit
If your application is approved, there will be conditions as part of your permit which include:
- Displayed items must not obstruct pedestrian traffic.
- Permit holders must show the permit if asked by an authorised council officer or a police officer. Your fundraising sales may be cancelled if you fail to produce the permit.
- It is the permit holder’s responsibility to ensure all raffles comply with the Victorian Commission for Gambling requirements.
Possible street raffle locations
There are a number of places across the Shire of Campaspe where street stalls or raffles can be held. Possible locations include footpaths in the following areas:
- Echuca Hare Street, two locations, both sides of the pedestrian crossing.
- Kyabram Allan Street, two locations, both sides of the pedestrian crossing.
- Rochester Gillies Street, outside supermarket
- Rushworth High Street, near bakery
- Lockington Lockington Road, outside supermarket
- Tongala Mangan Street, outside supermarket
Other locations may be available, as long as council, the applicant and the property owner agree. Council also reserves the right to designate alternative areas.
Council’s policy (policy 60) - Appeals & collections, street raffles, stalls and busking aims to control street stalls and raffle ticket sales by community organisations fairly.