Campaspe Shire residents in Echuca, Kyabram, Rochester, Tongala, Rushworth, Girgarre, Gunbower, Colbinabbin, Stanhope and Lockington have access to a regular kerbside garden waste service, where garden clippings are collected and turned into mulch.
If you live in one of these townships, you can have a 240 litre garden organics bin (wheelie bin with green lid) collected fortnightly for an annual cost of $53.30 per bin.
What is collected?
Only the following items can be placed in your garden organics bin:
- grass clippings
- leaf litter
- small prunings (up to 75mm diameter)
- most weeds
What is not collected
The following items should NOT be placed in your garden organics bin:
- plastic bags & plant pots
- paper, cardboard & plastics
- glass & metal
- soil & stones
- bricks & concrete
- large branches & logs.
Bins are inspected regularly. If prohibited materials are placed in the green organics bin, the bin won’t be collected.
When will my bin be collected?
Your garden organics bin will be collected fortnightly, on the alternate collection day to your recycling bin. You will receive a calendar listing your collection days with your bin.
Why should I sign up for green waste collection?
- It’s environmentally responsible: All material is to be turned into mulch, saving valuable landfill space.
- It’s easy to use: Wheel your bin around the garden with you and simply put your green waste in your 240 litre bun as you go.
- Clean and safe: The bin provides a closed, weather and vermin proof container where you can store green waste between collections.
- Convenient: No more weekend trips to the tip with prunings and grass clippings.
- Landlords: Great service to provide to your tenants to help them maintain your property.
Sign me up!
To arrange a green waste collection for your property, please lodge a service request by:
- Online at link
- Calling us on 1300 666 535
- Visiting your nearest customer service centre.