Recognising community members
There are many members of the Campaspe community who give their own time to support others. There are also residents who excel in various fields. Council believes it’s important to recognise these people for their commitment so the entire community can be inspired by their passion.
Each year, that local recognition comes in the form of:
Campaspe Community Volunteer Awards
Volunteering is a great way to support the local community. To acknowledge and thank the many Campaspe residents who give their time to make our community an even better place to live, council holds the Campaspe Community Volunteer Awards every year.
Awards are presented in categories of:
- Individual: an outstanding contribution and achievement in volunteerism by an individual
- Young person: an outstanding contribution and achievement in volunteerism by a person under the age of 25
- Organisation: an outstanding contribution and achievement in volunteerism by a not for profit organisation who support their volunteers.
Nominations for the 2019 Community Volunteer Awards Program are now open, closing Friday, 12 April.
Click here to access the award information and application form.
Australia Day Awards
Nominations for 2019 Australia Day awards have now closed.
Do you know someone in Campaspe who goes that extra mile? Whether they excel at sport or the arts, give their time to help others or get involved in local community groups or events, you can nominate them for the Campaspe Shire Council Australia Day Awards.
They don’t need to play for Australia or discover a cure for the common cold to be nominated. They may be quiet achievers; hard working people who can always be relied on.
Every year, Australia Day Award winners are selected from each of the shire’s five regions:
- Echuca & district
- Rochester & district
- Tongala & district
- Kyabram & district
- Rushworth & district
For each region, nominations will be accepted in each of the following categories:
- Citizen of the Year - aged 25 years +
- Young Citizen of the Year - aged 15 - 25 years
- Sportsperson of the Year - aged 18 years +
- Junior Sportsperson of the Year - aged 18 years or younger
- Community Event/Group of the Year
- Arts Person/Group of the Year - all ages and for arts in any capacity (eg performing, visual, administration)
There is also an overall shire winner for each of the categories above.
Nominating Campaspe community members for an Australia Day Award is a great way for communities and organisations to thank local individuals or groups who have worked hard in their particular field.