Through the Community Grants Program, Council offers financial support to not-for-profit community organisations for projects, events, exhibitions and more, which contribute to the municipality, supporting Council's vision "A vibrant place to live, grow, and visit, with a thriving, diverse and healthy lifestyle."
Community grants are available two categories:
Community Support up to $4,000
Events community (up to $1,000), minor (up to $3,000) & major (up to $5,000)
What type of project is Council looking to fund?
Successful grant applications to the Shire of Campaspe often have one or more of the following benefits:
- encourage and support collaboration, networks and partnerships
- build creative communities and boost the local economy
- promote community safety and healthy lifestyles
- maintain and restore Campaspe’s natural assets and enable enjoyment of the local environment
- celebrate Campaspe’s multicultural diversity
- encourage local participation in community life
- respect and value the contribution of young people
- promote a strong sense of local identity
- are easy to participate in, providing recreation and leisure opportunities
- have a vibrant and diverse arts and cultural component.
How are grant applications assessed?
Applications for community grants are assessed according to their category. Projects which focus on strengthening Campaspe’s communities are considered favourably. Other selection criteria include:
- Economic benefit – Will the project increase retail, industry and accommodation spending? Will it benefit the local economy?
- Project sustainability - If the project is ongoing, is it likely to generate its own funds for future years?
- Proposal innovation - Is the project an innovative one?
- Community / social benefit - Does the project involve local community members? Does it bring visitors to Campaspe? Or does it enrich the shire?
- Partnership - contribution by group or others to the project either cash and / or in-kind, including project partnership participation (not just financial contribution).
Community Grants Program timeline
March applications open
mid April applications close
June successful applications advised
July funds presented
August applications open
mid September applications close
November successful applications advised
December funds presented