Through the Port of Echuca Activity Grants program, council provides the opportunity for local groups, schools and individuals to apply for grants to deliver free community activities within Echuca’s Port Precinct.
Local groups, schools and individuals can apply for a grant up to $2,000 to conduct a free service, program or activity used by or of benefit to Campaspe residents and visitors.
Activities must support The Port Precinct Strategy “A place to take your time, relax and enjoy yourself” and the objectives of that strategy;
- A place to linger, interact and connect
- A destination celebrating living with nature and history
- An arts and culture, events and entertainment hub
- A place where collaboration makes it happen
The Port Precinct is defined as the area bounded by the Murray and Campaspe Rivers to the east and west and the roundabouts at the intersections of High and Heygarth and High and Warren Streets to the north and south.
Applications will be accepted up to 14 June, or when the total funding of $20,000 has been allocated.
The following assessment criteria will be used to assess applications:
- Does the proposed activity/event/program align with Port Precinct Plan and its objectives?
- Are the activities/events and/or programs open to everyone to participate and being offered free of charge?
- Will the proposed activity/event/program attract an audience and encourage participation?
- Has the applicant contacted Jemima Lewis to discuss the proposal, confirm the availability of the space and whether the activity/event/program fits with the current timetabling?
- Does the proposed activity/event/program benefit the residents of Campaspe Shire Council and visitors to the region?
- Does the applicant require Public Liability Insurance? If so, a copy of a valid Certificate of Currency must be provided.
If you are interested in applying to the Port of Echuca Activity Grant program, please download and review the attached documents.
For further information please contact Jemima Lewis on 03 5481 2813 or [email protected]