Our property maintenance service helps keep home safe and secure, both inside and out, for community members who are frail aged or have a disability.

Council’s property maintenance staff will assess the repairs, maintenance or regular, cyclical work, which needs to be done and if it is necessary for the safety, security and / or wellbeing of the client.

An Occupational Therapist assessment may be required for some home modifications. Staff will assist you in accessing this service through referral.

Some one-off, major works can be undertaken, such as making a garden to low maintenance. If the HACC service can’t do the work, we will help you find the assistance you need elsewhere.

Cyclical works, such as mowing lawns, pruning overhanging branches, are done periodically to keep your home safe.

Minor works are usually one-off tasks needed to ensure the safety and security of your home. Examples of minor works include:

  • installing grab rails and / or ramps
  • installing smoke alarms
  • other minor repairs that don’t require a tradesperson.