From time to time, landowners approach council requesting that a road or section of road be closed.

The applicant must meet all costs associated with the road closure, and may also need to pay the value of the land arising from the closure. Campaspe Shire Council will follow Local Government Act 1989 requirements and council's procedures for the road closure.

Approvals for B-Double and Higher Mass Limits

An applicant wishing to use a B-Double, or higher mass limit truck on a local road, first needs to get council approval. Once provided, the applicant must take the approval to VicRoads to get a permit.

A permit may be issued to specific truck operators for specific periods of time.

Approvals are generally given for the use of trucks on rural local roads, as long as the section of road involved does not have a bridge that cannot withstand the load.