Works within a road reserve are required from time to time to do things like:

  • Clean drains
  • Build a culvert crossover
  • Construct a driveway
  • Install a bulk waste bin
  • Install a pipe or cattle underpass. 

Any person, contractor or authority that wants to occupy, or complete works within a road reserve in the Shire of Campaspe must have a Works Within a Road Reserve Permit.

The road reserve is any part of the road between property boundaries.

Works within a road reserve 

To apply for a permit, please download and complete the Application for Works Within a Road Reserve form and associated plans. 

Works to install a pipe or cattle underpass

A Section 173 and Section 121 Agreement is required before works to install a pipe or install a cattle underpass in the road reserve. To apply for an agreement to be prepared, please download the application form.

Completed forms

Complete the form and send to:

Email:                          [email protected]

                                    marked "Application for Works Within a Road Reserve"

Mail:                            Shire of Campaspe, PO Box 35, Echuca 3564

Or in person:               to any Campaspe customer service centre 

A fee needs to be paid before consent is given. You will be advised of the correct fee once the application form is received and processed. You must also show evidence of a Public Liability Insurance Policy of $10,000,000 prior to approval.

Council reserves the right to refuse a permit application.

Please note that utility authorities require consent for MAJOR WORKS ONLY.

Once the works are completed, you must notify council.

Related documents