Works within a road reserve are required from time to time to do things like:

  • Clean drains
  • Build a culvert crossover
  • Construct a driveway
  • Install a bulk waste bin. 

Any person, contractor or authority that wants to occupy, or complete works within a road reserve in the Campaspe Shire must have a Works Within a Road Reserve Permit.

The road reserve is any part of the road between property boundaries.

To apply for a permit, please download and complete the Application for Works Within a Road Reserve form and associated plans. 

Complete the form and send to:


                                    marked "Application for Works Within a Road Reserve"

Mail:                            Campaspe Shire Council, PO Box 35, Echuca 3564

Or in person:               to any customer service centre 

A fee needs to be paid before consent is given. You will be advised of the correct fee once the application form is received and processed. You must also show evidence of a Public Liability Insurance Policy of $10,000,000 prior to approval.

Council reserves the right to refuse a permit application.

Please note that utility authorities require consent for MAJOR WORKS ONLY.

Once the works are completed, you must notify council.

Assets in road reserve

Landowners can also locate assets in the road reserve for a

  • pipe - stock & domestic
  • pipe - irrigation
  • cattle underpass
  • other

To apply, please complete the following application form:

Request for the preparation of a Section 173 Agreement & Section 121 Agreement for assets within the road reserve.

Related documents