Every local council in Victoria must have an emergency plan. In Campaspe, this plan has been developed by the Emergency Management Plan Committee with the support of:
- the State Emergency Service (SES)
- Victoria Police
- Country Fire Authority (CFA)
- Department of Health and Human Services.
The plan Municipal Emergency Management Plan (MEMP) outlines ways council can prevent, respond to and recover from emergencies. Council doesn’t respond directly to the emergency. That’s the job of emergency services such as the police, SES and CFA. Council’s role is to support these services so they can focus on dealing with the emergency. For example, council could provide an Emergency Coordination Centre and Emergency Relief Centres.
The MEMP is audited by the Victoria State Emergency Service every three years. Emergency service agencies have copies of the plan, which are also available at Campaspe’s libraries. You can access the MEMP below, as well as a number of sub-plans for specific types of emergencies.
Helpful resources for people with disabilities:
Being Prepared For Bushfire booklet
Being Prepared For Grassfire booklet
Being Prepared For Storm booklet
Being Prepared For Flood booklet
Being Prepared for Extreme Heat booklet
- Campaspe Municipal Fire Management Plan pdf 8.5 MB
- Community Emergency Risk Management Strategy pdf 880 KB
- Emergency Animal Welfare Plan pdf 434 KB
- Flood Emergency Plan pdf 7 MB
- Influenza Pandemic Plan Issue 8 2016 pdf 1.2 MB
- Mass vaccination plan Issue 8 2016 pdf 393 KB
- Municipal Emergency Management Plan 2018 pdf 3.9 MB
- Municipal Heatwave Plan pdf 2.4 MB