Permit to burn

During the fire danger period, if you wish to burn on your property, a permit to burn must be applied for.

A permit to burn is only issued for agricultural purposes, to assist farmers in the removal of grass and stubble.

For the latest updates on fire danger periods in Campaspe, refer to the CFAs website.

Total fire ban days

During a CFA total fire ban day, you cannot burn anything on your property.

You are not permitted to burn, even if you have a permit from the CFA or council.

How to apply for a permit to burn

Applications can be made online here.

An application fee of $70 is applicable and payment is required at the time of making application.

Alternatively, you can apply directly to the CFA at no cost:

CFA District 20 Office
56 Fitzroy Street
Tel:   5450 9400