Working in local government can be an extremely rewarding experience. It offers a diversity of roles, the opportunity to work closely for the benefit of the community it serves, ongoing professional development and more.
It’s not surprising that many people seek work experience with local government.
At the Shire of Campaspe, we offer four different types of workplace learning:
- practical placement
- structured workplace learning
- work experience
- industry based learning (IBL)
Workplace learning at the Shire of Campaspe gives you the opportunity to experience a variety of vocations while getting your 'real world' work experience. It can be a valuable and rewarding exercise.
What work areas can I work in?
Workplace learning is available within many different programs and services. Work placement will give you exposure to most of the functions performed within the work area. You may however request to work in more than one area, which will be approved, if possible.
- Administration & sales (Echuca Paddlesteamers)
- Administration (Aged & disability services)
- Planned activity group (Aged & disability services)
- Business administration
- Community programs
- Children's services
- Information technology
- Library services
- Civil engineering
- Building surveyor
- Town planning
- Building maintenance
- Parks & gardens maintenance
- Sports & recreation
- General purpose hand (Echuca Paddlesteamers)
How to apply
Please provide as much notice as possible, eight weeks in advance is preferred.
- Download the Workplace Learning & Confidentiality Agreement, print and complete.
- Attach your resume.
- Attach the completed educational institution Workplace Arrangement form provided by your school / TAFE / university.
- Provide your completed documents via email, mail or in person (marked Workplace learning application).
Email: [email protected]
In person: any customer service centre
Mail: PO Box 35, Echuca, 3564
Conditions of placement
- Placement is only available to students from approved educational institutions (usually public/private schools, TAFE, universities and other group training institutions).
- Neat and tidy clothing that is suitable and safe for the particular work environment must be worn.
- A ‘Workplace arrangement’ form must be completed by the educational institution.
- Information obtained whilst undertaking a work placement is deemed confidential and must not be shared.
For more information, please contact us on 1300 666 535.