Councillor Code of Conduct
The Code of Conduct guides Councillor behaviour during their four-year term.
The role of a Councillor is:
- to participate in the decision-making of the Council; and
- to represent the local community in that decision-making; and
- to contribute to the strategic direction of the Council through the development and review of key strategic documents of the Council, including the Council Plan.
Download the document Councillor Code of Conduct(PDF, 741KB).
Topics covered in the Councillor Code of Conduct for the Campaspe Shire Council include:
- Councillor's role
- Councillor behaviour (principles)
- Personal dealings with Council
- Council decision making
- Confidential information
- Access to and use of Council information
- Council resources
- Relationships with staff
- Conflict of interest procedures
- Dispute resolution
- Other relevant policies
- Breaches of the code of the conduct