Report & consent
You may require Council to report or consent to certain aspects of the Building Regulations before having a building permit issued. Consent generally relates to the siting and positioning of domestic buildings that do not meet the standard regulations, such as:
- reducing the minimum frontage setback
- exceeding maximum building heights
- building over or near an easement, or
- demolition work
The following accompanying documents must be submitted with your application form:
- Copy of title.
- Floor and site plan - 2 copies.
- Drawing elevations.
- Completed comment forms from the relevant owners of adjoining properties.
- Prescribed fee.
- Explanation of why you require variation to the regulations.
If you have a Building Surveyor, it is most likely that they will be able to assist you with the application or apply on your behalf.
If your application involves building over or near an easement, you will need to obtain written consent from the authority that governs the easement and submit this with your application, for example Coliban Water or Goulburn Valley Water in respect of a water easement.
Once you are ready, you can complete and lodge the Report and consent(PDF, 348KB) application form.