Question time at Council meetings is an opportunity for members of the public to address queries or concerns with Councillors and/or staff.
Members of the public may submit questions by completing an ‘Ask a Question at a Council Meeting’ form before 12 noon on the day of the meeting, either by:
If appropriate, an answer will be provided during the Question Time section held in the first part of the Council meeting. Sometimes further time may be required to research the question. In this case, the answer will be provided in writing.
Questions will be answered unless the Chair has determined that the relevant question relates to:
- personal matters
- the personal hardship of any resident or ratepayer
- industrial matters
- contractual matters
- proposed developments
- legal advice
- matters affecting the security of Council property
- an issue outside the Campaspe Shire Council core business
- or any other matter which the Council considers would prejudice it or any person
- a matter which may disadvantage the Council or any person
- is defamatory, indecent, abusive or objectionable in language or substance
- is repetitive of a question already answered (whether at the same or an earlier meeting)
- is asked to embarrass an officer or another Councillor
No debate or discussion of questions or answers shall be permitted, and all questions and answers shall be as brief as possible.
Council’s Service Centres are located at Echuca, Kyabram, Rochester, Rushworth and Tongala. View the Customer Service Centres page for opening hours and locations.