Whole farm plans

If you plan to establish a new farm, do irrigation or drainage works on your farm, or carry out earthworks in the Farming Zone or other areas of overlay, you may need a permit.

These type of works can affect the rate, flow or the discharge point of water on your property and affect salinity.

Earthworks controls

Campaspe Shire Council, City of Greater Shepparton and Moira Shire share the same approach to earthworks controls within the region. Download the Earthworks Controls Incorporated Document(PDF, 71KB) for more information.

You may need a Council permit before undertaking earthworks. The reasons for this include:

  • land management, including long term sustainability and improved salinity
  • managing the drainage system so water flows reasonably well through the region
  • to have a shared approach to earthworks and drainage management
  • to allow floodplains to function.

Whole farm plan applications

Before you start work on establishing or altering your farm, you must have a whole farm plan.

When ready, complete a whole farm plan application(DOCX, 74KB). Submit the plan and application form to Council.

For more information or contact our Planning Unit on 5481 2200 or 1300 666 535.