Council welcomes and supports volunteers who would like to make a difference in their community. Volunteers at Council are engaged in areas where they can make a difference to the health, wellbeing and lifestyle of our community.
Volunteering encourages participation in community life and fosters a sense of value and belonging. It gives people the opportunity to develop social networks, which improves overall health and wellbeing.
What do volunteers do?
Volunteers are involved with many different programs and services throughout Campaspe.
Aged and disability support services to eligible older persons and persons with disabilities
- Community transport – transport to out of town medical appointments
- Library Outreach - Books on Wheels, Words on Wheels, Talking Newspaper, Next Chapter Book Club
- Library support – collection maintenance, program preparation, tech support, literacy support
- Library depot support – book distribution and various administration tasks at small town library depots
- Animal shelter support – animal enrichment (grooming, walking, exercising, spending time with animals, toy making)
- Animal foster carer – provide animal care and animal respite in your own home
Port of Echuca Discovery Centre
- Port Ambassadors – visitor ambassador, historical character, gardening, PS Adelaide display
- Lost trades – lost trades and bespoke crafts (rope making, wool spinning, music etc)
- Museum support – museum collection maintenance
From time to time other volunteer opportunities may arise such as:
- One off events – short term community programs and events
If you are interested in volunteering for Council or would like further information about volunteer opportunities available, please contact 1300 666 535.
To register your interest in volunteer, please download the volunteer expression of interest form(PDF, 265KB).