Disabled parking permits
Accessible parking permits (formerly Disabled parking permits)
Applications for accessible parking permits are submitted and processed online as part of the new state-wide Accessible Parking Permit (AAP) Scheme.
Three different parking permits are issued under the AAP scheme:
- An Australian Disability Parking (ADP) Permit (for individuals)
- A Double Time (DT) Permit (for individuals)
- An ADP Organisation Permit (for organisations)
How to apply
To apply for a permit, or to renew an existing permit, applicants should:
- Start your online application here
- You'll receive an application reference number via SMS*
- Take your reference number to your GP or occupational therapist
- Your GP or occupational therapist will complete an online assessment and submit your application
- Your local council will review the application
- If your application is successful, you'll receive your permit in the mail
* A paper based version of the application is available if you don't have access to a mobile phone or the internet. Please contact our customer service staff if you require a paper form on 1300 666 535 or visit a service centre.
Important note: It is your responsibility to arrange a new permit before the expiry date. If you fail to do so, you may be fined for parking in a disabled parking space without a current permit.