Audit & Risk Committee
The Audit and Risk Committee’s objectives include:
- monitoring and reviewing Council’s financial reporting and performance, and making recommendations for improvements
- helping Council make informed decisions about accounting policies, practices and disclosures
- considering the effectiveness of Council’s internal control systems and making recommendations regarding identified deficiencies
- reviewing Council’s risk management framework effectiveness, risk profile and treatment plans are in place to manage significant risks
- reviewing the scope, performance and reports of the internal and external auditors
- reviewing systems and processes in place to monitor compliance with legislation.
The Committee's responsibilities are detailed in the Audit and Risk Committee Charter. Download the charter here(PDF, 284KB) .
The Audit and Risk Committee consists of three independent members, one independent affiliate member and two councillors. Independent members are appointed for a four-year term, with a maximum of two terms and the independent affiliate member is appointed for a maximum of a two-year term. The chair is elected from amongst the independent members.
||Linda McRae - chair, Simone Knight, Chris Gillard, Cr Tony Marwood, Cr Rob Amos
||AFS & Associates
||CEO, Fleur Cousins, Ailsa Box, Donna Standfast (notetaker)
The Audit Committee meets five times a year. The Chief Executive Officer, General Manager Corporate, General Manager Infrastructure, Manager Finance, Executive Assistant Corporate and Internal Auditor attend all Audit Committee meetings. Other management representatives attend as required to present reports. The external auditors attend in May and September each year to present the audit plan and independent audit report.