Request to speak at a meeting
Residents can request to speak to an item on the Council Agenda. The request to speak must be received 24 hours prior to the meeting.
The request to speak can be made using this Online Form.
The rules about speaking at a Council meeting include:
- Deputations and delegations will only be allowed for matters that are on that meeting’s agenda.
- If Council agrees to hear the deputation or delegation, it will not hear more than two speakers on behalf of any deputation.
- A five minute time limit for each speaker will be set.
- Councillors may question the deputation for the purpose of clarification, but no discussion will be entered into.
- Any further information that the you may want Council to have must be given to the Chief Executive Officer, also 24 hours prior to the meeting. This can be provided by loading the documents onto the Online Form.
- No further written or audio visual information is allowed to be presented during the meeting, unless approval is given by the Chief Executive Officer before the start of the meeting.
- The Chief Executive Officer will advise you of the date, time, venue and protocols applying for Council to hear the deputation or delegation.