It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas in Campaspe
Published on 21 November 2023
Campaspe Shire Council’s annual Christmas decorations are being installed throughout the shire in the lead up to the most wonderful time of the year.
Three Illumination Stations will be installed in select towns including the Big Christmas Tree in Echuca, the Big Santa in Rochester and the Big Teddy Bear in Kyabram.
Campaspe Shire Deputy Mayor, Cr Tony Marwood said it’s great to have these Illumination Stations installed for community to enjoy and get in the festive spirit.
“Our annual Christmas decorations have been in place for a few weeks throughout Campaspe and we’re excited to see the three Illumination Stations installed in Echuca, Rochester and Kyabram.
“We hope these installations will get you all in the Christmas spirit and provide some great photo opportunities as well,” Cr Marwood added.
Be part of the social media cheer and use the hashtags #ChristmasinCampaspe and #IlluminationStation to be featured on Council’s pages.
“As well as the Illumination Stations, there are a range of festive activities happening across the shire, including Santa’s Cave and Yarn Bombing in Kyabram, Christmas story time in Gunbower, Reindeers in Rushworth, Christmas Scavenger Hunt in Rochester and much more.
“The community groups have worked really hard to prepare a selection of Christmas activities that are entertaining and exciting. Thank you to all the wonderful committees who have prepared activities in each of the towns.
“We encourage you to explore the many decorations and support our communities. Visit any of our Customer Service Centres or the Echuca Moama Information Centre (located at Shop 1 of the Shackell’s Bonded Store on Murray Esplanade) to get our Christmas in Campaspe booklet. Enjoy exploring Christmas activities all through December,” Cr Marwood said.
For more information about the Christmas activations, visit Council's Events Directory.
- Illumination Station at Hopwood Gardens featuring the Big Christmas Tree
- Giant gift in the Port of Echuca pop up park
- Gingerbread house selfie station at the pedestrian crossing at Hare Street
- Australiana Christmas tree next to Campaspe Shire Council building
- Festival of the Christmas tree at Echuca Moama Uniting Church
- Christmas storytime at Echuca Library – 2 December, 10.30am
- Afterschool Club Christmas Break-up at Echuca Library – 12 December, 3.30pm
- Christmas storytime at Echuca Library – 15 December, 10.30am
- Christmas Toddler Rhyme Time at Echuca Library – 18 December, 10.30am
- Christmas Baby Rhyme Time at Echuca Library – 21 December, 11am
- Christmas hay bale trail
- Santa Ferguson
- Giant gifts at the Sound Shell
- Christmas display at Tongala Arts Precinct
- Lions memory tree
- Decorated bell tower & community trees
- Mistletoe kissing booth
- Elf yourself selfie stations
- Reindeers in high street
- Christmas storytime at Rushworth Library – 13 December, 10.30am
- Illumination Station at Memorial Park featuring the Big Teddy Bear
- Santa’s cave at town hall – 14 – 22 December, 11am – 5pm
- Allan Street yarn bombing
- Nativity scene at Living Waters Church
- Christmas storytime at Kyabram Library – 12 December, 10.30am
- Afterschool Club Christmas Break-up at Kyabram Library – 13 December, 3.30pm
- Christmas Baby Rhyme Time at Kyabram Library – 19 December, 10.30am
- Illumination Station at Rotunda Park featuring the Big Santa
- Rochester Christmas scavenger hunt
- Rochester bike wheel trees
- Christmas tree display at Shire Hall
- Christmas Toddler Rhyme Time at Rochester Library – 5 December, 10.30am
- Australian Christmas wind in the willows
- Christmas storytime
- Community Christmas tree at Memorial Hall
- Toy soldiers at Memorial Hall
- Santas sleigh at Skate Park
- Colbo Pub choir Christmas carol trail at Silos
- Christmas sound walk in Progress Park
- Christmas Cave and photo booth at Station Park Arts Space