Online services at Campaspe Libraries
Published on 16 September 2020
In response to COVID-19 restrictions, Campaspe Regional Library Service has expanded its online presence and community feedback has been encouraging.
General Manager Development, Paul McKenzie said Campaspe Libraries have adapted to change, moving the service online to meet the needs of the community and the response has been positive.
“All current and prospective community members are encouraged to visit the Campaspe Library’s website to gain free access to online resources including eBooks, magazines, audiobooks, virtual tours, activity sheets and more,” Mr McKenzie said.
Online services provided by Campaspe Libraries via Council’s website include:
- Online homework assistance through the Studiosity Program which offers a free tutor service to students from Years 3 to VCE level, every day except Saturdays.
- Searching your family history has never been easier with remote access to Ancestry.com Library edition
- Storybox Library around 300 stories and activity sheets available on a range of themes. These can be accessed for free using your library card via www.storyboxlibrary.com.au
- Access to 15 Gale online resources to support students of all ages across our region with authoritative and interactive information. Academic peer reviewed journal articles are also included which are helpful for students attending TAFE and University.
- More than 550 eAudio books and around 1,300 eBooks are available from Borrow Box. By downloading the BorrowBox app access is provided to popular and the latest novels and audio books.
- More than 3,500 magazines as well as eBooks and eAudio can be downloaded and saved via the RB Digital app.
- The Good Reading Hub offers new book reviews, podcasts, magazines, competitions, giveaways and information from authors and publishers in Australia.
- Also keep an eye out for the library catalogue, over 7 million free open access journal articles will be available in the coming weeks to search and download.
“The current climate provides the perfect opportunity to sit back, relax and be entertained with the many online resources available to members,” Mr McKenzie said.
Free online membership can be arranged quickly by heading to the library website www.campaspe.vic.gov.au/library Patrons can then access all online library services for free. When the library is re-opened the online membership can be converted to full membership enabling access to borrow items as well.
The Libraries Victoria app provides up to date information on Campaspe Libraries, all current loans and reservations and links directly to various online resources. A stand-out feature of the app is the scan ISBN barcode function with the ability to scan books from bookstores. If Campaspe Libraries have it, you can reserve the book directly from the app.
Library staff are available Monday to Friday, 9am – 5pm, to support library patrons with enquiries relating to membership, accessing or downloading online resources, or to have a chat about book recommendations.