Grants support strong communities
Published on 22 September 2022
Campaspe Shire Council has approved $14,645 in grants to the community, to boost events, assist with the purchase of equipment and to support juniors in their development. An additional $5,293 has also been provided in in-kind support to not-for-profit groups hosting events.
Open year-round, these grant programs enable a strong, vibrant and sustainable community.
Community Equipment Grants
These grants aid community groups and sporting clubs to purchase equipment.
There were five successful applicants for the Community Equipment Grants, including:
- $395 to Tongala Community Charity Shop, to purchase a new cash register
- $1,700 to Rushworth and District Concert Band, to purchase a refrigerator
- $1,000 to Tongala Primary School, for school football equipment
- $2,000 to Echuca Twin Rivers Specialist School, to purchase two and three-wheeler bikes for students
- $2,000 to Bamawm Lockington United Cricket Club, to purchase protective equipment for All Abilities and Women’s Inclusion Program
Community Event Sponsorship
This grant program offers financial support to not-for-profit community groups that contribute to the shire, by hosting events that improve the social connection and wellbeing of our residents.
There were seven successful applications for the Community Event Sponsorship, including:
- $5,000 to Rochester Kart Club, to assist with hosting the Victorian State Cup, to be held on 3-4 December
- $750 to Lockington Bowls Club to assist in hosting the Lockington Ladies Invitation Fours Tournament, to be held on Wednesday, 23 November
- $500 to Kyabram Croquet Club and $320 in-kind support (temporary white fencing and bunting), to support the 100th birthday celebrations, to be held on Monday, 31 October
- In-kind support to the value of $1,580 to the Kyabram Swimming Club (site hire fee, lifeguards and two gazebos), to support the Long Course Meet, to be held on 15-16 October
- $500 to KY Project Committee and in-kind support the value of $552, for the official opening of the Kyabram Water Tank Mural on Tuesday, 20 September
- Echuca Moama Triathlon Club received in-kind support valued at $2,841, including traffic and waste management, temporary white fencing and bunting for the Sweat vs Steam. The Campaspe Port Enterprise will also provide $1,800 in-kind support for the use of PS Pevensey for event, to be held Sunday, 9 October
- $500 to Strathallan Family Landcare Group, to host the 10th Campaspe Carp Catch on Sunday, 9 October
Junior Development Grants Program
This program supports the personal development and growth of young people aged 18 years and under.
Kyabram siblings Olivia, Joshua and Jacob Cartwright each received $100 to assist with costs in representing Victoria at the School Sports 18 Years and under Bowls Championships held in September in Sunbury.
To see grant eligibility criteria or to apply, go to Council’s website, ‘Grants and Funding’.