Resource recovery centre fees
Campaspe Shire Council only charges for waste disposal at landfill when the waste needs to be processed, disposed of and/or transported to be processed or disposed of.
Below are the fees as of 1 July 2022. EFTPOS is available at Echuca, Mt Scobie and Rochester centres only.
|General waste (charged per m3)
|Garden organic waste (charged per m3)
|Clean fill soil (charged per m3)
|| Echuca & Mt Scobie only
|Refrigerators & air conditioners
|Mattress - single
|Mattress - double, queen, king
|Brick tipping (charged per m3)
||Echuca & Mt Scobie only
|Gas bottles (household up to 9kg) and fire extinguishers
|Small tractor (up to 1 metre diameter)
|Large tractor (1-2 metre diameter)
|Small earthmover (up to 1 metre diameter)
|Medium earthmover (1-1.5 metres diameter)
|Large earthmover (1.5-2 metres in diameter)
Garden mulch is available free of charge at Council’s Echuca, Mt Scobie, Rushworth and Rochester resource recovery centres. While stocks last.
Detailed listing of materials accepted at resource recovery centres
Many items that are accepted at our resource recovery centres are recycled, some for free and some at a small cost. Download the detailed listing of materials(PDF, 205KB) to assist.
Some of the items accepted without charge include:
- batteries (car and truck)
- batteries (household)
- chemical drums (DrumMUSTER program approved) (Echuca, Mt Scobie, Rochester only)
- clothing (Echuca and Mt Scobie only)
- co-mingled recycling (containers, bottles, jars - plastic recycle symbols 1-6, glass, aluminium, steel)
- e-waste (tv, computer, etc)
- fencing wire
- fluorescent light tubes (including CFLs, LED, incandescent)
- mobile phones (including batteries and accessories)
- motor oil (up to 20l - (Echuca, Mt Scobie, Rochester and Rushworth only)
- paint tins (empty up to 20l)
- paper and cardboard
- polystyrene (Echuca and Mt Scobie only)
- scrap metal (ferrous and non-ferrous)
- silage wrap (Echuca and Mt Scobie only - loose and clean to be accepted)
- soft plastic/flexible plastic (including shrink wrap, plastic wrappers, plastic bags, clingfilm etc, Echuca and Mt Scobie only)
- steel water tanks (Echuca and Mt Scobie only)
- whitegoods (washing machines, dishwashers, microwaves etc) - fridges and air conditioners attract a small recycling fee for degassing.
Items not accepted at any of our resource recovery centres include:
- car bodies
- grease trap waste
- hazardous or toxic substances
- hot ashes
- industrial food waste
- liquids and chemicals other than clean automotive fuels
- logs and stumps bigger than 300mm diameter
- medical or clinical waste
- oil filters
- dead animals or offal
Commercial and industrial waste
Commercial waste operators and industrial waste are not accepted at any of the resource recovery centres. All waste exceeding 3m3 should be taken directly to a regional landfill. Further information on the commercial and bin collection page.
Resource Recovery options for commercial businesses
Campaspe Shire Council Resource Recovery Centres only take recyclable materials in residential quantities (under 3m3 for garden organics or under 1m3 for bricks and concrete). The nearest facilities that accept commercial quantities of these recyclable materials are located at Shepparton and Ardmona. Please click here for more information.